Selected individuals will be provided advanced professional development opportunities designed to further build their knowledge and skill in the application of primary SWPBS. We are asking that nominees for SWPBS trainers have demonstrated success in primary SWPBS implementation in your local education agency. Please consider among your staff and/or persons within your district that meet this criteria and provide us with the names of these individuals.
At a minimum the nominee should have:
Participated in the SWPBS team training,
Demonstrated leadership in successful SWPBS implementation (either as a team member and/or facilitator).
WHO SHOULD BE NOMINATED?
SWPBS State trainers come from many different disciplines including but not limited to:
School Administrators (e.g., Principals, Assistant Principals, Disciplinarians)
Support Staff (e.g., Child Welfare and Attendance Officers, Title IV Coordinators, Psychologists, Social Workers, Behavior Interventionists)
SWPBS trainers should be able to:
- Participate in a one-day SWPBS Training of Trainers
- Participate in a one or two day Summer Trainers Institute annually.
- Provide at least 2 days of training for schools new to primary SWPBS.
- Each training session is led by a veteran SWPBS trainer who will provide support and feedback to the new trainers.
- Each trainer takes a lead on a subset of SWPBS training modules.
- Training may be done in tandem with the trainers LEA District plans, but must include training schools from other LEAs. This is designed to build the capacity at the regional level.
SWPBS Trainers are provided with multiple professional development and networking opportunities available only to State SWPBS trainers. This starts with participation in a train the trainer session. The next trainings of State (primary) SWPBS Trainers will be held: